Hope this message finds you readers well! Hard to believe that winter break has already passed and we at New Paltz are now two weeks into the spring semester!
When I first got back to New Paltz, we got hit with snow. I’m not a huge fan of snow (I love the warm weather and the beach myself), but I have to admit, it really is pretty…
What else is new? Well, I ended the semester well and landed myself a spot on the Dean’s List, which is always exciting! I also recently applied for Psi Chi, the national honor society for Psychology (http://nppsichi.blogspot.com). Speaking of Psychology, I am involved in another organization which I haven’t gotten to speak too much about, called Oasis/Haven (https://www.facebook.com/OasisHavenCenter?fref=ts).
At Oasis, I volunteer as a Peer Counselor – helping college students through the hard times they may have. It is a wonderful opportunity and if you did want to get involved, you must interview for a class called Crisis Intervention (PSY330). It was if not the best, one of the best classes I’ve taken here – I learned so much, so fast! It made me further realize that I want to go into Counseling.
Anyway, for this post, I’m going to list the 5 things I am MOST excited about for this upcoming semester.
1. I got an opportunity in December to interview for the Student Ambassador position – and I got it! A Student Ambassador is an on campus tour guide. I host families once a week and bring them all around campus. I just gave my first tour today and I know I’m going to love it!
2. My classes! My classes are great this semester! I will talk about them more in my next blog, but I am really excited for the way my schedule got planned this semester.
3. Epic-Glee’s Invitational! This semester, my performing group, Epic-Glee is inviting a few other show choirs around the northeast to perform in our inviational show. It should definitely be a good time! Will post more about this as we get closer to it, in April (only 2 months!)
4. Spring Break! Not only is Spring Break a week off from school, but my family and I are also going to Puerto Rico. So excited!
5. WARM WEATHER - I love the warm weather and can’t wait to be able to go outside and enjoy it. My favorite season is Summer and I can’t wait to get closer to it – I have my camp job and a whole ton more. New Paltz is beautiful at this time of year, but I’m just waiting for it to warm up…here is the sunset from my room:
Of course, my RA job brings a ton of exciting things as well and I hope to have some more amazing things to write about that soon! This weekend I’m attending an RA conference, it should be a really great experience.
Thank you for reading! More to come soon!